Here are some typical signs roof damage that need to be checked out sooner rather than later. The presence of algae, moss or lichen, cracked tiles, holes, water damage and leaking can often indicate a serious roof problem. Depending on the extent of damage, there are different ways of re-roofing your home including metal roofing. Modern metal tile roofing is available in contemporary styles to give you a low maintenance, attractive and very durable roof for your home.
Wellington Light Roofing is a family-owned business that has been offering metal roofing, re-roofing, spouting and fascia systems to customers in the Welllington region for more than 25 years. We offer a variety of high grade metal roofing materials and tiles, colours and styles to protect your home.
Metal roofing offers a number of advantages to you and to the environment when compared with other types of roofing material. You can choose from a variety of metals – aluminium, tin, copper, zinc or galvanized steel, and all the roofing materials used by Wellington Light Rofing are tested and labelled to meet NZ quality standards. Metal roofs are slightly more expensive than traditional asphalt roofs but they have many benefits including:
• Metal roofs are long-lasting: Depending on the material used, metal roofs can last as much as forty to seventy years. In comparison, asphalt roofs typically last 12 to 20 years.
• They are durable: Some metal roofs hold up to wind speeds of as much as 140 mph, are resistant to cracks or corrosion, and depending on the metal you choose, can be resistant to impact. With regular inspection, there is often very little need to spend money on costly maintenance unlike other roofs.
• They are safer: There is no chance of metal roofs catching fire during a lightning strike or fire.
• Metal roofs are energy efficient: Cooling costs can be brought down by as much as 10 to 25 percent because metal roofs reflect solar radiant heat.
• They are eco-friendly: These roofs are usually composed of 25 to 95 percent recycled materials, and can be fully recycled at the end of their functionality.
Wellington Light Roofing do roof repairs, full roof replacements or re- roofing of an exisiting roof. Re-roofing is an economical and fuss free way to enhance your roof. The team at Wellington Light Roofing can lay new tiles over your existing ones or overlay an exisiting corrugated iron roof with new tiles. With re-roofing there is no fuss or mess involved and your home is protected from the weather at all times.
If you are interested in finding out how easy and cost effective it is to upgrade your roof then visit the Wellington Light Roofing website for a free quote from the friendly team.